Families who are going through a divorce can expect to face problems when it comes to coordinating parenting time and responsibilities. However, with the dawn of the tech age, co-parents can utilize their smartphones in ways that can make their lives easier and happier.
In this blog, you can find a list of some of the most top-rated co-parenting apps, organized based on ratings from both iPhone and Android users.
- App Store: 4.8
- Google Play: 4.4
Cozi is a free time management and organization app to help all families with scheduling, shopping, and coordinating for important appointments and events. Co-parents can benefit from this app’s features in addition to families that don’t have separated or divorced parents.
Cozi offers the following features:
- A family calendar for scheduling appointments and events
- To-do lists that you can track and share with others
- Shopping lists you can organize and share
- Recipes you can store and access to accommodate your family’s nutritional needs
- A family journal you can use to document important events
- App store: 4.4
- Google Play: 3.1
The Talking Parents app is geared specifically for co-parenting. The app offers its basic features for free, while users can access more features if they sign up for a premium plan at $5.99 per month. Furthermore, users can purchase individual features at prices ranging from $9.99 to $39.99 per feature.
With the Talking Parents app, you have access to the following features:
- Secure messaging that co-parents can count on to help you coordinate on essential matters
- “The Vault”—Talking Parent’s solution to private and secure data storage for families
- An event calendar where co-parents can share events and appointments
- A personal Journal to which the other parent does not have access
- PDF & printed records that co-parents can refer to in the event a conflict or misunderstanding arises
- App Store: 3.9
- Google Play: 3.3
CoParenter was designed and developed with facilitating cooperation and coordination between co-parents specifically in mind. With legal professionals—including a retired family law judge—with experience in family law on the development team, the coParenter app provides co-parents with a useful tool for their personal lives and legal purposes.
Users have the option of signing up for a monthly plan at $12.99 per month, or an annual plan at $9.99 per month (billed as one $119.99 annual payment), or a “2x coParent” annual plan at $16.67 per month (billed as single $199.99 annual payment) so both co-parents can access the app.
Among the features that the coParenter app provides are:
- Shared calendars that keep co-parents in the loop on important appointments
- On-demand mediation that connects co-parents with live professionals who can help them resolve disputes
- Tone-sensitive messaging that alerts parents on their use of potentially hostile language before sending
- Parenting planning toolkits to help co-parents reach cooperative agreements
- A records and evidence archive that co-parents can use to store and organize important files and documents
- App Store: 3.7
- Google Play: 3.5
The developers of the Fayr app set out to create a tool to make the co-parenting experience better for people. Also, Fayr has a team of advisors, which include a licensed family law attorney from Florida, as well as critically-acclaimed actress Gwyneth Paltrow.
People using the Fayr app can benefit from features such as:
- Financial documentation to make tracking expenses easy for co-parents
- GPS-verified location logs to make documenting the physical location of your children and the other co-parent
- Time-sharing calendars that co-parents can use to help them stay compliant with court-ordered time-sharing terms
- A messaging system that compartmentalizes conversations between co-parents and keeps a reliable record of communications
- Parenting reports that automatically log the time a co-parent spends on certain things
- App Store: 3.6
- Google Play: 3.6
The team behind the development of the Truece app is comprised of people, each of whom has a personal connection to divorce. Truece users can choose between three subscription plans that provide additional features: a basic plan for free, an “enhanced” plan for $4.99 per month, and a “premium” plan for $8.99.
The Truece app has the following features:
- Parenting time logs that provide a comprehensive record for custody and visitation history
- Expense tracking to help co-parents share financial responsibility on certain expenses
- A calendar that offers co-parents a flexible way to organize and document parenting time and appointments
- A document archive that securely stores vital records and personal documents that both co-parents can easily access
- Generated reports regarding various matters to help a co-parent’s legal team
You Can Count on The Neshanian Law Firm, Inc. for Legal Representation
If you have questions or concerns about an issue involving California family law, such as co-parenting and divorce, you should get in touch with The Neshanian Law Firm, Inc.. Our attorneys are dedicated to promoting you and your family’s legal interests.
Please call us at (949) 577-7935 or contact our office online for a 15-minute phone consultation about your case today.