Annulment Attorneys in Irvine
Representing Clients across Orange County
The Neshanian Law Firm, Inc has been representing individuals in annulment matters since 2005. A Certified Family Law Specialist by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, Attorney Amy Neshanian has successfully helped numerous clients obtain annulments throughout the course of her career.
If you are presently married and want information regarding whether or not you meet the requirements for an annulment in place of a divorce, we can help. During your initial consultation, one of our attorneys will thoroughly review the relevant facts to determine if filing for an annulment is appropriate, based upon the information you provide. If granted, an annulment will serve to act as if a couple were never married.
Under California law, specific requirements must be met prior to a court nullifying a marriage. Irvine annulment attorney Amy Neshanian can explain these requirements in greater detail.
In general, the following will suffice to obtain an annulment:
- At least one party was not old enough to legally enter into marriage and a parent, guardian, or judge did not provide consent to the marriage.
- The parties to the marriage are close blood relatives (incest).
- An incurable inability to physically consummate the marriage exists.
- The marriage took place while one individual was still married to a previous spouse (bigamy).
- One individual is found to have been of unsound mind at the time the marriage took place, and they could not understand their actions.
- The marriage took place due to fraud or duress (force).
In situations wherein marriages were either incestuous or bigamous, they were never legally valid and will therefore be voided by the court. The remaining prerequisites are considered voidable, and it may be more difficult to obtain an annulment due to issues of proof.
As a result, it is imperative that you retain a highly experienced annulment attorney who possesses the knowledge necessary to successfully obtain an annulment on your behalf.
Call Our Irvine Annulment Lawyers
When skill and experience are vital, contact The Neshanian Law Firm, Inc today and learn how we can help you achieve your objectives. Attorney Amy Neshanian has been helping clients nullify their marriages for nearly two decades. Dedicated to personalized representation, we can keep you updated regarding the status and progress of your case, and we respond to all client communications in a timely manner. We can contact you for additional information and schedule an appointment for an in-depth consultation.
If you need immediate legal assistance, call (949) 577-7935. The Neshanian Law Firm, Inc proudly represents clients who live throughout Orange County.