Postnuptial Agreement Lawyers in Irvine
Working Hard to Protect Your Assets and Future Across Orange County
Backed by nearly four decades of combined experience, our lawyers are intimately familiar with all aspects of California family law. We can proficiently guide you through each stage of the process as we ensure your rights are well-represented. Using our in-depth understanding of this practice area, we can help you draft a postnuptial agreement that safeguards your assets and best interests.
Call The Neshanian Law Firm, Inc today at (949) 577-7935 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our postnuptial agreement lawyers in Irvine.
How Is a Postnuptial Agreement Different from a Prenuptial Agreement?
Similar to a prenuptial agreement, a postnuptial agreement is a legally binding document which outlines a married couple’s responsibilities during their marriage, as well as how marital assets will be divided in the event of a death or divorce. You are able to protect your assets and finances, as well plan for any debts that accrue during the course of the marriage. However, unlike a prenuptial agreement, a postnuptial agreement is signed after the marriage has taken place—not before. A well-drafted postnuptial agreement can effectively protect your assets, property, and future.
These types of agreements can be used to address:
- Who gets the family pet in the event of a divorce
- What is each spouse’s interest in the marital home
- Who is the designated beneficiary of a life insurance policy
- Which spouse will pay spousal support (alimony) and for how long
- How marital asserts are to be divided and which spouse keeps certain property
- Which spouse is responsible for marital mortgages, loans, and credit card debts
- How property and assets are to be divided if one spouse passes away during the marriage
We Will Make Sure Your Agreement is Enforceable
If your postnuptial agreement is not properly drafted, California courts may deem it invalid. Fortunately, The Neshanian Law Firm, Inc has been helping clients draft bulletproof marital agreements since 2005. We can help you, as well. Our team has an extensive track record of success in this area of law, and we know what it takes to create an enforceable agreement. Attorney Amy Neshanian is actually a Certified Family Law Specialist by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. This means she is an expert in this practice area. You can rely on our firm for the effective legal services you deserve.
In order to be enforceable, a postnuptial agreement needs to meet the following requirements:
- There has to be full disclosure of both spouse’s property, debts, income, and assets
- It needs to be voluntarily signed by both spouses
- The signatures need to be notarized
- It has to be written
- It must be fair
Call our Irvine postnuptial agreement lawyers today at (949) 577-7935 to schedule your consultation.
"I could write a book on why Amy Neshanian deserves MORE than 5 stars but I will save the time and say that she is worth every penny."- Kimberly T.